I'll have another mock draft up after the lottery happens on May 30th...Leave a comment below and let me know what you think.
1. Charlotte Bobcats- Anthony Davis-Kentucky- PF
Michael Jordan has his wish come true and has a player to build around in Davis.
2. Washington Wizards- Thomas Robinson-Kentucky- PF
Andray Blatche is an immature player whose time has passed in D.C.. Robinson brings a toughness and necessary leadership for a team looking for an identity.
3. Cleveland Cavaliers- Andre Drummond-UConn- C
Anderson Varejao isn’t a center and you can’t pass on size to put with Kyrie Irving.
4. New Orleans Hornets- Harrison Barnes-UNC- SF
This team has Eric Gordon and little else. Barnes has star potential.
5. Sacramento Kings- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist-Kentucky- SF
Defense is a need for this team and Kidd-Gilchrist will provide that along with leadership.
6. Portland Trailblazers- Bradley Beal-Florida- SG
Beal is a tougher version of Ray Allen and will provide a replacement for Brandon Roy.
7. Utah Jazz-Kendall Marshall-UNC-PG
Devin Harris isn’t the answer for this team and a young talented point guard adds to a great young nucleus. Don’t be shocked if Al Jefferson gets moved in the off season.
8. Toronto Raptors-Damian Lillard-Weber St.- PG
Jose Calderon is a nice player but you need a more dynamic player to put with Derozan and Bargnani. Lillard is a player who can create for others plus get his own shot.
9. Detroit Pistons- Perry Jones-Baylor- PF
A young athletic power forward who can run with Greg Monroe and provide an intimidating twin towers look inside. What a waste of money and time with Charlie V.
10. New Orleans Hornets- John Henson- UNC- PF
Adding Barnes earlier and now adding a young “big” to run with provide this team with an exciting future. It will take Henson some time to develop from a physical standpoint but he will pan out to be a nice player.
11. Portland Trailblazers- Terrance Jones- Kentucky- SF
After getting an athletic shooting guard, Portland adds a defensive minded player like the player he is replacing in Gerald Wallace.
12. Milwaukee Bucks- Jeremy Lamb- UConn- SG
Just like Golden St., the Bucks need a bigger shooting guard to put with either Jennings or Ellis in the future. Lamb had a down year, but I attribute that to immaturity of being on a team that wasn’t that good. I hope that doesn’t happen when he gets to Milwaukee.
13. Phoenix Suns- Austin Rivers- Duke- SG
With the likely departure of Steve Nash, the Suns need a dynamic player in the backcourt and Rivers provides the answer to that problem.
14. Houston Rockets- Terrance Ross- Washington- SG
Kevin Martin isn’t getting any younger and seems to be hurt more then he’s healthy. Ross is longer and might just end up being a better shooter.
15. Philadelphia 76ers- Jared Sullinger- Ohio St. – PF
This team is young and talented and could use another young “big” to build around. Sullinger can replace Brand in the future without anybody noticing.
16. Houston Rockets- Royce White- Iowa St.- SF/PF
This might be considered a reach at this point, but I love his game and his overall basketball IQ.
17. Dallas Mavericks- Tyler Zeller- UNC- C
This is the guy that ends up being the center of the future for the Mavericks after Haywood moves on elsewhere. Nice player, but not special.
18. Minnesota Timberwolves- Quincy Miller- Baylor- SF
I love this pick for Minnesota whose been attempting to move Beasley for a while now. He provides another person for Rubio to run with. Not to mention his defensive presence at the SF.
19. Orlando Magic- Meyers Leonard- Illinois- C
Dwight Howard isn’t destined to stay in Orlando, even with the firing of the GM and head coach, so it’s time to find a center who will eventually be there for the next decade.
20. Denver Nuggets- Tony Wroten- Washington- PG/SG
This dynamic player will be a perfect 6th man for an already talented roster.
21. Boston Celtics- Arnett Moultrie- Mississippi St.- PF/C
KG is an aging player who probably has a couple years left before calling it quits and Moultrie will benefit greatly by having him as a mentor. An extremely talented young “big” who could really blossom to a good player for years to come.
22. Boston Celtics- Dion Waiters- Syracuse- SG
Like KG, Ray Allen is about to be on his way out of Boston because of age and this scorer will be a perfect replacement. While Waiters isn’t the shooter, he is instant offense.
23. Atlanta Hawks- Fab Melo- Syracuse- C
This is another pick that might be considered a reach, but it’s worth it for the Hawks who have been searching for a true center to play next to Al Horford. He is a raw player but can be a defensive presence that might take Atlanta to another level.
24. Cleveland Cavaliers- Evan Fournier- Pointers- SG
Haven’t seen this kid play but the scouting reports that I read lead me to believe that he is the real deal with decent size that can play the off guard position. He also is a good passer so he next to Irving should be a bunch of fun to watch.
25. Memphis- Orlando Johnson- UC Santa Barbara- SG
This Grizzlies team is loaded but the off guard position features a defensive minded player in Tony Allen and a sixth man in OJ Mayo. I really believe that Orlando Johnson will be the guy who can replace Mayo as the player off the bench.
26. Indiana Pacers- Marquis Teague- Kentucky- PG
Larry Bird has done a great job of taking the best player available and in this situation the Teague free fall will end in Indiana. Collison is a nice point guard as is Teague so between the two of them there shouldn’t be any drop off at the position.
27. Miami Heat- Tyshawn Taylor- Kansas- PG
A steal of pick here..I love Taylor as a ball player but I like many are scared off by his off court activities. If he stays out of trouble, this could be the pick of the draft for a Heat team who is in desperate need of a PG.
28. Oklahoma City Thunder- Draymond Green- Michigan St.- PF
Toughness. This Thunder team has an old guy in center Kendrick Perkins who provides some but a younger body in Green would definitely help.
29. Chicago Bulls- Doron Lamb- Kentucky- SG
If this scenario plays out, then there should be a party in Chicago as a talented young shooting guard falls right in their lap. Rip Hamilton is in his last days as an NBA player and Lamb would fit perfectly next to Rose.
30. Golden St. Warriors- Andrew Nicholson- St. Bonaventure- PF
Nicholson provides a nice young body off the bench to replace the departed Udoh.
Pretty good mock Sparky. I do think that I would flip Kidd-Gilchrist/Beal with Drummond/Robinson. Both Mike Kidd-Gilchrist and Beal are can't miss prospects, plus MKG will ride that championship success.
Also, if it came down to Jones vs Lamb, whodo you think the Bucks would take? I love Jones length and ability to play on the perimeter