Wickett's World - 2012 NFL MVP
I don't get a vote, but here's my top 5 for the 2012 NFL MVP.
1) MVP - Adrian Peterson - Minnesota Vikings. He's been there ALL YEAR for a team that really doesn't have much of a passing game or a dominent defense. Fell 9 yards shy of ED's record and did a lot of damage when it counted...all while teams focused on HIM.
2) Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay Packers. Led the NFL in QB rating (108.0). top 5 in TDs & Completion %, 8th in Yardage and only 8 INT's...all while leading the league in times sacked and having the most drops by a receiving corp IN THE NFL. Imagine if his OL was mediocre.
3) Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions. Broke the single season receiving yardage record held by Jerry Rice since 1995. Oh, and he did it in 1 less game. QUICK!! Name another Lions wide receiver. Nope, Herman Moore is gone. And Matt Stafforrd was AWFUL in 2012 (qb rating under 80)
4) Tom Brady - New England Patriots. He's Tom Brady. Figure it out.
5) Peyton Manning - Denver Broncos. Denver head coach John Fox basically said, "Peyton-do what you gotta do"....and Peyton did. Taught, installed, grew and executed a new offense in the Mile High City. Why don't i have him higher? Well...not to start a fight...but remember the Tebow haters? They all said the D carried Lefty Jesus to the playoffs...and if I'm not mistaken, Denver's D is pretty good again. (#2 in the NFL in total D)
How's your ballot look compared to mine??